Re: Alkoth; patterns

From: bjm10_at_...
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2001 22:28:43 -0000

> This isn't worth getting hung up over, frankly. If you
> want to use *only* official materials in your game, stick
> with Issaries' books. If you want to ask where you can
> find other stuff to game with, feel free to ask away on
> this mailing list and elsewhere.

Here is the way to handle the matter of "canonical" vs. "noncanonical":

"For this discussion, we do not care which of those might be true. Both are derived from data from the mortal realm..."

I found that dealing with Glorantha became far less traumatic when I took the approach that everything--EVERYTHING published about Glorantha was a reconstruction done millenia after the fact from fragmentary information. Furthermore, the existence of an "official" version does not mean that there is no variation. After all, nobody I have personally met speaks "BBC English".

Always look at these interpretations, and that is what they are, no matter WHAT the source is, with a jaundiced eye.