Re: Torkani

From: Clay Luther <claycle_at_...>
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2001 11:56:32 -0500

> Message: 8
> Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2001 20:44:31 +0100
> From: "Nick Brooke" <Nick_at_...>
> Subject: RE: Digest Number 526
>
> Clay wrote:
>
> > My game is based in the Torkani tribe, which is hardly detailed at all.
>
> That said, there's some great fan stuff by Trotsky at:
> http://members.aol.com/ttrotsky/torkani/
>
> Cheers, Nick

Oh, yes, I know all about Jamie's site and refer to it often. He had just enough information for me to take off with my own campaign, which is based in the Asmandi. It's a funny story actually. After finding some obscure references to the Torkani in KoS, I looked for them on the net. The first site I found was just a list of Sartar tribes. There was also a helpful map in an oooollllddd TotRM that showed the Torkani migration over time (I think when compared with another map). That was enough for me to get started.

Then one day I typed in torkani on google and I found Jamie's site. I sent him email asking him what he knew about the Torkani, esp. the Asmandi since that was who I was concentrating on. He replies "I made them up." I was happy and embarrassed at the same time.

But, for even more info on the Torkani, esp. the Asmandi, see http://www.employees.org/~claycle/hw, still very fresh, but growing.

Clay