Re: Gloranthan Movies

From: Ian Cooper <ian_hammond_cooper_at_...>
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2001 13:41:49 -0000

Bryan wrote:
> - For a feel of how a lot of Lunars probably feel about service in
Sartar, try finding "Black Robe" a canadian film about a french priest going inland to a mission. Probably hard to find in video even in Canada,<

I got a copy from Amazon some time back after Jeff Kyer and Peter Metcalfe recommended it.

Macbeth - The Polanski version is the most cinematic, though there are other good ones. I think Jeff Richard suggested once that the political intrigue in his Taming of Dragon Pass campaign was inspired by the machinations here. Very accessible bard.

King Lear/Ran - I'd say that tis has a similar value to Macbeth for the machinations of kingdoms - the story is older than Shakespeare as well.

Romeo and Juliet - if you want a picture of feuds in any culture this is one to go for though for Orlanthi feel 'The Big Country' is another good choice.

Ian Cooper