Re: Heortling games

From: Roland <rmv1_at_...>
Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2001 22:00:12 -0000

> Mancala was one of the first that sprang to mind-- it
> has its genesis in seed sowing, so it's perfect.

FWIW when one of my players created an Agimori character (in the Bad Old Days of RQIII) he fleshed him out with all kinds of little quirks and details. One of them was the idea that Mancala or a variant would be an ideal game for the nomads of Prax. Think about it, you need two sets of stones, and you can just scoop a row of little depressions in the ground.

If the player wasn't also playing the hunter of the party, I'd have had him be the first to stumble onto this Agimor's "spoor" -- a "strange track on the ground" which would turn out to be the remnants of a Mancala game.