Re: Advice and Comment

From: Jeff <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2001 18:58:13 -0000

I'd rather have the Vingkot stuff - if only because we never HAD it. I like having a nice cultural background to hang my campaign on.

> In your new Lunars books, you complain about "space limitations".
> I'd rather see Tarnils and Gerra and Orogeria than Avarnia.
Cultural
> background is fine, but gods a PC might actually worship are more
> interesting to me.

In the case of the Lunars we don't _have_ much in the way of cultural background, don't you think? I like to at least know what the culture like before I start mocking/knocking it.

> >You want us to use the space of the ILH books to debate the nature
> of
> >Tarnils?
>
> Now I am confused - does ILH mean something I don't understand?
> Where else would you discuss the nature of Tarnils, the most
> significant Lunar military god, one many PCs will follow?

There's a few others that the PC's in my game seem to like -- ones that, interestingly enough, weren't IN Cults of Prax or the 7 Mums. Shargash, for instance.

> Excellent. Except Peter said that they were NOT to be in the new
> books, I had to find the out-of-print, "work-in-progress" (nice
> euphemism) Entekosiad. I hope you get the final word here...

Enkiosiad seems to be for sale at Wizard's Attic.

> Rejection vs. Acceptance

Under this topic, I've attached a link. Check out 'Topic 9' -- I don't agree with Nick on a lot of this but I DO agree on this point.

> Yanafal and straight blades
>
> Every RQ game, (about 6 different groups) I've played in the San
> Francisco Bay Area has prohibited Yanafali from using straight
> blades. Maybe this is wrong, but I assumed it ultimately came from
> Chaosium / Greg. It's a nice touch, and helps you split up loot in
> mixed party. :-)

Its a local phenom, I think. We never had such distinctions when we played RQ2. It does make a nice touch that I wish I'd thought of back then.

Jeff Kyer