Re: Re: sedentary priests

From: e-g_at_...
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2001 15:49:11 GMT

gamartin_at_... writes:

>I suppose my concern here is a bit like my worries about the Malkioni
>Grimoire's - how much personalisation can you have between two
>magicians with fistful of "Bless XXX" spells? It seems rather,
>umm... bland.

You can always make the rituals themselves colourful and distinctive, even if the end result (and the name of the feat) is the same. A priest may still be chanting for 6 hours to bring a blessing on the people, but the Orlanth priest will be standing naked and woad-painted on top of a standing stone in the highest (and most visible) part of the community; an Ernaldan priestess might be crouched in a pit in the ground, or stretched out in the barley field; a Yelmite ritual will be in a sunny courtyard, with dozens of acolytes gathered around performing their assigned roles. Also, theistic rituals require sacrifice, but the *what* and *how* of the sacrifice can vary dramatically.

Stephen