Re: Stories & Storytelling

From: Ian Cooper <ian_hammond_cooper_at_...>
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2001 09:15:08 -0000

Kevin Blacburn:

>learn enough of the bones of the story to tell, and then tell it
from memory... You will probably [also] tell in a much more lively manner than reading. But rehearse it to yourself first, and aim for no more that five or ten minutes telling

Good advice, and I may give it a whirl. The requirement to learn the myth might help because it will stop me getting too ambitious in the length of the story or the number of stories. I might even mix and match i.e. do some by handouts but every so often do a 'party-piece' performance with one I feel confident with, to 'remind' people that they are actually told stories.

Ian Cooper