Welcome Was: newbie alert

From: Jeff <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2001 14:39:04 -0000

Thank you for your words. I admit that it wasn't one of our finest moments. I would point out that we did have some deeply vicious tiffs about 'which is better' at the start of this list and I fear I'm overly wary of rekindling such strife.

Jason, if you're still with us, Welcome Aboard. Hopefully you can find a HW group inthe LA area - others have referred you to the player locator but often people get messages from others reading the list.

The HW-Rules group might also be able to help you as welll, though its very specifically a Hero Wars group and not a RQ one.

> Jason, try all of the different forums there are (ask for urls if
you
> can't find them) - someone will know how to find a game in your
area.

> If you're interested in HeroWars, try playing first - it's one of
the
> few games you shouldn't actually read rules before playing. I used
> love RQ, it made sense to me, but it got in the way of story
telling.

I agree - it ramps up nicely and works best if you just _do_ it.

> Also, this list is very good for general Glorantha material and
> discussion too - they pretend it's a HeroWars one but who can
separate
> the two? (ooo controversial)
>
> Chew

One dividing line of whether or not its a "Gloranthan Digest" posting or a HeroWars posting is the level of esoterica. But on the whole, as long as its kept moderately rules-free and RELEVANT to playing a game, you can make a lot of non-HW posting here about Glorantha. Such as advertize your magazines! =)

Or your conventions... which, I should do RSN.

Jeff Kyer
El Presidente