Re: Breaking hospitality and the Greeting

From: Ian Cooper <ian_hammond_cooper_at_...>
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2001 15:03:14 -0000

>I'm not too sure its a Ritual. Too close to compelling truth for my
liking, to suggest it can magically detect honesty. Also, what point then of the Chief's faithful Humakti with Sense Assassin and Detect Truth?

TR disagrees here - xplicity describing it as truth magic and by implication a ritual.

The chief's faithful Humakti may be useful in situations where the laws of hospitality provide no protection, and when people, as is being discussed, work there way around what is offered.

As for ability ratings I'd go with one of two options. My preference might be that an Orlanthi by willingly participating cannot resist the truth magic's effect although they couod equivocate. The second alternative would be to base it off the wyters awareness rating.

Ian Cooper