Re: Seven Mothers

From: Trotsky <TTrotsky_at_...>
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2002 23:22:57 +0000

David Boatright

> Currently there is plenty of evidence, from published sources, to
> give all Sartarites plenty of reason to hate the Lunars and give them
> a common reason to want them as far a way as possible. From
> the published sources there is no evidence of the benefits that
> Lunar civilisation may bring.

There is, IMO, plenty of evidence of such benefits - just look at the descriptions of places such as Tarsh. The Heortlings may not 'appreciate' such benefits, but that's just them.

> Bringing a ultra pro Lunar bias into discussion about what the
> average rustic Orlanthi thinks is pointless.

I don't know about anyone else but I was responding to your statement:

> >It's good for Glorantha to see people so deeply emotionally
> >attached to the Sartar "freedom fighters", but these statements
> >have no "objective" truth ("objective" in quotes cause I'm not sure
> >you can be truly objective about an imaginary world!). I'd imagine
> >that only the most radical Sartarites see the world in such
> >extreme good vs. evil terms.
>
> And where is the objective evidence that the Lunars are there for
> any other reason than exploitation.

Which is quite clearly talking about objective problems with the Lunars, and not about what the average Heortling thinks - a subjective opinion, which is, indeed, likely to be rather negative, for all sorts of reasons.

--
Trotsky
Gamer and Skeptic

MXLPs: 3 (Cap'n Q, Harvey Mills, Tim Hall)