Re: Dragon Sun Heroquest Campaign

From: simon_hibbs2 <simon.hibbs_at_...>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2002 13:01:54 -0000

> Do some official descriptions exist about Sun Domers cultists and
Sun
> Dome Temple of the Dragon Pass as for the Sun County RQ guidebook ?
> If not, how do you see the main political, social and mystical
> different between this two Sun Dome Temple ?

As far as I know, there is next to no published material describing the people of the Dragon Pass temple.

> For example, I think that Sun Domers of the Dragon Pass will not be
> allied with the lunar as their praxian brothers are and that due to
> the orlanthi influence they are less conservative about woman place
> in their society than the Sun Domers of Prax. Am I wrong ?

I think they probably will be allied to the lunars, or at least be hired as mercenaries by them during Fazzur's campaigns in esrolia and against Whitewall.

> I've read on King of Sartar novel book that in the time of EWF some
> race crossover have been done when the stars have been in good
> position in the sky. Pavis for example was an half aldryami half
> human child. Do you think it will be absurd to maintain that some
> race crossover have been done in the same way between Dragonewts
and
> humans for example ?

Sounds intriguing. Why not?

> If not, could we expect that there will be some descendant who
> received at the start of the Hero Wars a draconic heritance of this
> crossover ?
> Could this draconic heritance be an aid in the Sun Dragon revival
> Quest ?

I don't see why not. I'm not sure i'd want to inflict this on a Pc though. Perhaps the PCs might discover a child that has draconic blood, and have to decide what to do. Throw in some bad guys that want to use the child for evil, perhaps agents of delecti, and you've got an interesting game.

> In the case of a revival of the Dragon Sun cult, how could this
cult
> be involved in the Argrath fight for freedom ? Is it absurd to
think
> that Argrath gain EWF banner with the help of this cult for
example ?

Of course not.

> Could the revival of this cult be part of a largest conspiracy, for
> example the Brown Dragon one for example ?

Of course it could.

I think all these questions are best answered by running it as a game. Have fun, and let us know how it works out!

Simon Hibbs