Re: Dragon Sun Heroquest Campaign

From: Wesley Quadros <wquadros_at_...>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2002 09:45:50 -0800

HeroWars_at_yahoogroups.com wrote:

> Message: 14
> Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2002 09:15:23 -0000
> From: "pradal_pir" <pradal_pir_at_...>
> Subject: Dragon Sun Heroquest Campaign
>
> Do some official descriptions exist about Sun Domers cultists and Sun
> Dome Temple of the Dragon Pass as for the Sun County RQ guidebook ?
> If not, how do you see the main political, social and mystical
> different between this two Sun Dome Temple ?
> For example, I think that Sun Domers of the Dragon Pass will not be
> allied with the lunar as their praxian brothers are and that due to

IMO, the Sun Dome is not 'allied' with anybody. They are mercenaries and will fight for anybody who pays them. As it happens, the Lunars have the cash, the Orlanthi don't.

> the orlanthi influence they are less conservative about woman place
> in their society than the Sun Domers of Prax. Am I wrong ?

I think that the whole purpose of forming Sun County in Sartar was to throw off the false views of the Orlanthi. I think that all SDs have the same ideas about a person's place in society.

> race crossover have been done in the same way between Dragonewts and
> humans for example ?

The problem that I see with this is that for a dragonewt to do this would tie them to this world. It would probably permanently stop their progress along the mystic road. Would a dragonewt do it? I don't know.

> If not, could we expect that there will be some descendant who
> received at the start of the Hero Wars a draconic heritance of this
> crossover ?

There is certainly several heroes with draconic knowledge/power/heritage in the Hero Wars. How your heres got their heritage is up to you and them.

> Could this draconic heritance be an aid in the Sun Dragon revival
> Quest ?

Certainly.

> In the case of a revival of the Dragon Sun cult, how could this cult
> be involved in the Argrath fight for freedom ? Is it absurd to think

The Dragon Sun is a past Emperor of Dara Happa. A cult dedicated to him may support Argrath to bring down the Usurper - the Red Emperor. The cult would then dispose of Argrath so that the Dragon Sun could reclaim his throne.

> that Argrath gain EWF banner with the help of this cult for example ?

If that is what you want in your game, yes. Our game had a different source for the EWF banner (Argrath found it in Dead Bottom in the Wastes).

> Could the revival of this cult be part of a largest conspiracy, for
> example the Brown Dragon one for example ?

If that is what you want in your game. Perhaps your cultists find secret knowledge that they give to Kallyr the Argrath and she uses it to locate the Brown Dragon.

Wesley

:::
::: Gwandor Saga - the Saga of Argrath Dragonfriend:
:::             www.celtic-webs.com/glorantha
:::