Not having a Wyter

From: Nick Eden <nick_at_...>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2002 18:01:29 +0000

I'm writing up a hero band I never got round to introducing in my short lived HW game last year, a Fort full of ex-Lunar soldiers who've appeared in the middle of the clans hunting grounds and claim that they've been given the land for long service in the army.

Obviously they don't have a Wyter, since that's a specifically Heortling (or at least Orlanthi) concept as far as I can see. Actually even if it wasn't, I can't see them bargaining with spirits, so a wyter wouldn't make sense.

I believe that a Vexilla serves more or less the same function, being the protective spirit bound into a unit's standard (Eagle of the Ninth homages here we come), but the army's hardly going to give them away.

Any other kind of guardian spirit they might have? How much of a disadvantage would not having one be?

York BSAC Web Page:
http://website.lineone.net/~york_bsac