Re: Re: Re: Re: Deva?

From: Peter Larsen <plarsen_at_...>
Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2002 08:31:07 -0600

Peter Nordstrand says:

>Greg Stafford:
>
>>It [deva] is an experimental HW term for minor godlings, because of the
>> considerable protest about the word daimone.
>
>FWIW I most certainly like the term deva.

        I like the various Anglo-Saxon and Norse terms better, because they sound right for the Heortlings. Deva, to my ear, sounds more like a Vithelan or possibly Lunar term. On the other hand, if it's a game term rather than a Gloranthan term -- the HW rules say "Deva," the Heortling Godi says "vetter," the Lunar priest says "deva," the Vithelan says "diva," then that's just fine....

Mikko Rintasaari says to

Peter Metcalfe:
>> IMO the Orlanthi refer to daimones (a Malkioni term IMO) as
>> godlings.

That's what I've used too. (only translated to Finnish)

        So what is the Finnish word for godlings?

Peter Larsen