Re: Seven Mothers and Bat

From: morganconrad <morganconrad_at_...>
Date: Fri, 01 Feb 2002 18:52:31 -0000

Adam writes:

"The Cult of the Crimson Bat's doctrine is feed other people to the
Bat. No concerns about doing it the right way or with the appropriate mental outlook, just keep the Bat fed on other people."

I reckon that the Bat feeders *do* have a "right way" to feed people, in accordance with the policies of the all-knowing Glorious Emperor and the moral teachings of the blessed Goddess yada yada...

"Heortlings will at least think about helping other people in
distress. The Bat cultist will solve those peoples problems by feeding them to the bat"

If the people with problems are good Lunars, the Bat cultists solve their problems by having *other* people eaten. I reject your idea that Bat Cultists solve *all* people's distress by eating them.

I certainly agree that The Bat is an abomination and so is their cult, but here's a question: If a clan of Heortlings were in charge of The Bat, (o.k., something much like it except non-chaotic) just what would they do differently? When they summoned the Dragon to eat the Lunar garrison, did they worry whether they were being eaten "properly"? When Harrek or Kallyr kills (or plots to kill) thousands of people, do they worry that they were killed "properly"?