Re: Re: Barbarian Adventures

From: Wulf Corbett <wulfc_at_...>
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2002 18:29:36 +0000

On Wed, 13 Feb 2002 11:36:25 -0500, "KYER, JEFFREY" <jeff.kyer_at_...> wrote:

>I don't mind the mastery inflation. It gives a longer playing field.
>And if the field was NARROWER (eg masteries were harder to get, powerups
>would be more significant).

No, it narrows the field - narrows it between a 'normal' Warband leader, and Harrek and co*. If I can reach xW4, there's not a lot of point in worrying about an opponent of much less than xW3, even a few of them. And so we get the high-level D&D situation, where you need a dragon or two for a decent workout.

Wulf