Re: [OpenHeroQuest] Re-tread crappola

From: Julian Lord <jlord_at_4a7GJy-OMgHpWofJRlPb8SPw3irLPY_HqlEfo282CsY_jlCxwNHfbxuI5muTFl3GCj6UUi>
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2004 22:32:00 +0100

Jane :

(re. James Bond books and their reflection of real life)

> > > What are you suggesting changed on 11/9, other
> > than
> > > the Americans waking up to reality?

Suddenly, JB-type evil geniuses in secret underground hide-outs plotting the death of the civilised world became headline news ; not outrageous fantasy characters.

> The books
> > didn't,
> > > the tendency of unpleasant regimes and individuals
> > > be brutal didn't.
> >
> > Syntax alert !!!
> >
> > Jane, could you please rephrase that e-mail ?
>
> Re-reading, and seeing no syntax errors.

Oh, OK, this is probably just another case of male/female logic disjunction. Don't worry, that isn't an attack : sometimes men and women simply fail to communicate with each other.

Here we go :

> > What are you suggesting changed on 11/9, other
> than
> > the Americans waking up to reality? The books
> didn't,

didn't what ?

> > the tendency of unpleasant regimes and individuals
> > be brutal didn't.

why, who to, and what didn't it do ?

I understand that there is a high level of female thought processes that mere males are incapable of understanding without patient assistance (and I am being COMPLETELY non-sarcastic/non-ironic here, past experiences having taught me the great value of female thought patterns), but I'm the kind of guy that needs the assist ...

Thanx !!

> Though this
> is after a beer and a curry and a long day,

Hope you enjoyed them, and that the length wasn't that bad ... :-)

This is probably an inadequate e-mail ... :-/

Julian

--
"Hmmm, I've heard of other powers.

... Real Life ?"