Re: In Defence Of A Goddess

From: oswaldtrimling <oswaldtrimling_at_x4WXYcUrAf8YvMXi7-5jwwJEkyfZoqhPUgC_Kjnoq1nNkebzgBAmCHW7WzCSu>
Date: Sat, 26 May 2007 18:07:52 -0000

I wouldn't have thought that they would do. IMG, they hang about defending the stead (including its non-weaponthane blokes) and travel in exactly the same warbands as everyone else. They're no more likely to be among women than Ernaldans, and probably less so.

> Yelornans have a celibacy Geas for some cultists, Unicorn Riders
> have to be celibate virgins and I think the Star Maidens have to be
> Maidens, i.e. virgins. I always assumed that the celibacy geas did
> not include lesbianism and so a lot of Yelornans were lesbians.

I figure that, being of Dara Happan origin, when they say 'celibate' they bloody well mean it. Sure, Heortling and Praxian blokes may assume that, because they're not shagging *them* they must be doing it with each other, but I that's not true IMG.

> Babeester Gori used to be able to have sex, but can't now. Maran
> gori weren't allowed to have sex but can now. Not a good switch in
> my opinion. But, there again, they can't have sex, but could
> probably be lesbians.

Erantha Gor, or whatever the heck her name is these days, is both anti-male and anti-fertility, so I can see them being an outlet for lesbianism. Heler too, of course.

> Yelmalio has celibacy geases and, once again, I am not sure if that
> applies to homosexual sex - I'd take the same view as above that it
> applies to heterosexual sex and that explains a lot about the
> Yelmalian cult.

Again, DH background. When they say 'no shagging', they mean it.

The Gor types are mythically infertile. They'd be opposed to having sex because it's a procreative act. If it doesn't resemble the procreative act, it may be OK. Yelmalio and Yelorna, being DH in origin, are opposed to sex, IMO, because it's just too enjoyable! It mires you in the earth, and all that squelchy, yucky stuff. So they'd be just as much against oral sex and homosexuality as any other sort.

YGWV... if that's not conciliatory to mention here :p

Damn... am I even allowed to say 'conciliatory', or does that make me sound too intellectual for this list? Hmm...