raids vs cattle raids

From: Bryan Thexton <bethexton_at_...>
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2000 09:04:29 -0800 (PST)

Recently I had an event where my weaponthanes came and complained that we hadn't raided in far too long, and (you can just imagine the scorn in their voice here) we didn't intend to ever fight anyone, maybe we should become a peace clan instead of a balanced one. This led to a number of questions....

-As I had religiously gone on cattle raids each year,
I was a bit surprised. I though cattle raids were how you kept your thanes from getting bored. Do you really need to raid periodically too?

-One of my ring said that if we didn't raid, our war
magic would get less effective. I know the manual says that your war magic doesn't take effect until you raid, but I thought a cattle raid was good enough. Is it?

-They are refering to the sacred time rituals here,
not the god-specific blessings, right? (or, shudder, is it both that will wear thin with neglect)

-Are the thanes less restive about not raiding if you
switch to being a peace clan?

--Bryan

Do You Yahoo!?
Talk to your friends online with Yahoo! Messenger. http://im.yahoo.com