Clan Splits (was: Did we just lose?)

From: Joe Casadonte <joc_at_...>
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2000 15:57:49 -0500

At 01:33 PM 3/29/00, Bryan Thexton wrote:

> All was fine until the early
>death of our king, and since that followed right on
>the heels of our clan splitting (where we sent off the
>wealthiest quarter) we didn't have the resources right
>then for much of a lobbying effort.

I've read with interest people telling how they split the clan and give them a piece of the tula and what not. I *never* give a piece of my hard-earned tula away, and I *always* split off the most discontent members. So I wind up with a new enemy -- they're usually far enough away to be annoying at best. Occasionally I'll try to stall them with a raid (though it's usually Sea or Earth season, and then they bitch about raiding instead of tending the crops), and very infrequently I'll give them gifts, but I never send the cream of the crop off. It hasn't noticeably affected my reputation any. That said, whenever someone comes searching for recruits from a different clan, I usually let people decide for themselves because it usually winds up they don't leave, and I'm just not someone who likes to boss people around.

Anyone else out there take a hard line? What are your experiences?

Regards,

joe
joc_at_...

        Llama Fresh Farms => http://www.netaxs.com/~joc