Re: terminology

From: David Dunham <david_at_...>
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2000 07:28:38 -0800

> How about 'correcting' some of the discrepancies with the Hero Wars
> game rules? First example I can think of, the 'guardian spirit' of
> the Tula you discover is sacrificed to for assistance. That's
> Misapplied Worship. Now, I'm not suggesting changing the rules, just
> the wording - have him say "Hmm, well, I don't really deal with dead
> sheep, but if that's all you have, fair enough" :)

No. I believe that Heortlings use the word "spirit." The entity may in fact be a daimone, according to the Hero Wars rules, but I'm not going to introduce such a term, especially since a significant number of our players aren't already Glorantha fans.

And since they are sacrificing to a daimone, it's not misapplied.

> There will be others, equally esoteric & trivial I guess.

There are also nearly 300 years that pass, so some cultural differences can be explained this way.

David Dunham     A Sharp     david_at_...
Voice/Fax: 206 783 7404     http://a-sharp.com
Efficiency is intelligent laziness.