Re: those darned sorcerous implements

From: joe_at_...
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2001 15:29:31 -0000

> OK, I'm quite positive that the implements aren't
> always cursed. I'm not 100% sure, but I believe that
> in another game I checked for curses when we had the
> sorcerous instruments and found no curses.

So your divination magic was cursed, too?

<grin>

> So you
> never know for sure....although to be on the safe side
> I usually try and ditch them as soon as possible.

> One more thing, when I found they were cursed, and
> tried to trade them away, and later to just give them
> away, our luck was incredibly bad. Nobody would trade
> treasures, our diplomatic missions were always
> assaulted by strong bandit parties, and so on.

I tend to collect junk treasures to trade for tiger eye necklaces. That toothy cat would also take spirit fetches, and as a result you can send your trader to trade treasure for treasure once you've a bundle of necklaces. Works for other excess treasures, too.