Re: RE: Why KoDP is not popular?

From: KentCave <kentcave_at_...>
Date: Sat, 18 Jan 2003 17:54:51 +0700

> Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2003 23:40:18 +0100
> From: "Milos Rasic" <mrasic_at_...>
> Subject: RE: Why KoDP is not popular?
>
> > This is my first post here.
> > I've been playing KoDP only a month, and this is the second
> > time I am shocked by a PC game intelligence ( Brian Reynlods'
> > Alpha Centuari is the only game of this class I can think
>
> It's simple. No moving parts. Most of people would be ashamed if someone
> saw them playing games without moving parts. It's KeWeL to complain that
> your KeWeL $2000 video card is not good enough for the KeWeL game your
> are playing.

It's also definetely COOL to play KoDP which has "an infinite number of polygons", on a GeForce4 Ti 4200. Albeit ironically.. but it does shows the water effect on Morrowind jaw-droppingly beautiful.

Sid Meir's Alpha Centauri has the best diplomacy concept ever been perfectly executed. I really became familiar with fanaticsm of the arabs religious faction, hive-mind chinese faction etc. Such a pity I always cant find time to get the expansion. I must admit SMAC is better done than even the predecessor, Civ3+expansion.

Here's to hoping that Mr Duncan will somehow find his way here to spread the glory of Sword of The Samurai too.