Re: Re: Buying a treasure and emissaries Qs

From: Alex <alexvasileus_at_...>
Date: Mon, 02 Feb 2004 15:29:07 +0200

At 09:25 2.2.2004, you wrote:

>Antti
>
> >The game has grown on my girl and we still happily continuing to play
> >on.
>
>How old is she? (Glad to know the game lives on in Finland.)
They are not the only ones, here's another KoDP gamer from Finland. :)

Just finished my first long game ever (played it many times before but didn't have the patience to finish it until now). This time I groomed my future king ever since he appeared among the nobles, in his early twenties. Had him do a few heroquests to strengthen himself, finally made him chief at an opportune moment (god-talkers said I had to rearrange my ring, so I slipped him in). Next time the kingship of the tribe came up for grabs, he entered and won. After that the rest of the game went smoothly, my king was in his late thirties when I won. One odd thing though, when I checked his skills "pop-up", it called him "Tribal Queen" (see attached image, if it comes through). Now I'm wondering whether my king had a side hobby as a drag queen, or maybe he was one of those "kids with beards" that went unnoticed. :)

Anyhow, I decided that in my next game I will make a trickster my chief and follow his advice in all things. I want to see how long I last. :)

---