Re: Buying a treasure and emissaries Qs

From: David Dunham <david_at_...>
Date: Sun, 1 Feb 2004 23:25:27 -0800

Antti

>The game has grown on my girl and we still happily continuing to play
>on.

How old is she? (Glad to know the game lives on in Finland.)

>KoDP is quite nice game to play together btw.

Yup, it's real easy to be the "8th ring member." (I'm sure I've mentioned that two of our beta testers would *only* play together.)

>1. When you go to another clan in order to buy a treasure the game
>asks "What is your highest offer?". To me this would imply that your
>trader will try to negotiate as low price as possible but willing to
>go as high as decided above if needed. However every time we either
>don't get the treasure or we end up paying the highest offer set
>above. Never anything lower. Is this a bug or a feature?

Not sure...

>2. When sending out an emmissary on a diplomatic mission the game
>suggests a leader based on bargaining skill. Yet in the manual custom
>is said to be the primary skill for the emissaries. But how is it in
>the _actual game play_? Should I concentrate on nobles with high
>custom or high bargaining?
>
>Then we also have the leadership skill that helps in situations when
>you need to persuade others. So just how should one choose a trader or
>an emissary?

Well, the ability you need depends on what you end up negotiating. Often, it's a "Diplomacy" skill, which is the average of Custom and Bargaining.

--

David Dunham     A Sharp     david_at_...
Voice/Fax: 206 783 7404     http://a-sharp.com