Re: Who hit the Bat?

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Fri, 05 Mar 2004 07:34:27 -0000

> Leadership tensions are more novelistic than straight description,
> and can be read in to situations. I imagine our initial goal is to
> concentrate on actions and events, leaving some freedom for
> alternative interpretations about motivatons.

Agreed (even though I always find the motivations more fun!)

> My suggestion is that we nominate or invent a number of other
> potential 'leaders' during the seige, to add to the intrigue and
> tension. Being able to kill them off is good too. :)

And leave PC-shaped gaps, of course.

> And wolf pirates have already raided the coast. So
> there's potentioal, if not for Harrek, than at least for a buddy.

Not Harrek, please. Too over-powering.

> > In fact, maybe this is why Kallyr wanders off before it's all
over:

> Nice. Though that's probably not what's told in the outer market at
> the time.

Nope! Lots of reasons given:

she's off doing something Heroic (half-true)
she's back in vitally important Sartar (probably true)
she's sulking because she isn't leader (half-true)
Broyan sent her away (maybe a quarter-true) and the rest!

And then the outer market can have a riot on the subject as the various supporters argue!