Jorkandros, lunar command, etc...

From: dzo01 <dzo_at_...>
Date: Sat, 06 Mar 2004 13:31:07 -0000

Well, this gives us an insight to the structure of the initial forces investing Whitewall. I particularly like the fact he comes from Yuthuppa as we can bring in all sorts of astrological aspects to the siege. If we postulate that Jorkandros, as an inhabitant of the city of Star towers and centre of the Buserian cult is a strong supporter of doing things the correct (i.e. ancient and defined by the stars) way then we have an excellent excuse for the use of the bat so late. Initially he is resitant to the idea as it isn't prescribed in the ancient manuals and, when he finally acceeds to the neccesity (after fruitlessly trying all the traditional methods) he has to wait for the stars, etc to be in the correct orientation before he commits.

I would be inclined to make him the "stereotypical" staid, by-the- book Polaris general. Just the type that you want protecting your supply lines while the wunderkinds are at the bleeding edge of the invasion, but totally out of his depth when faced by the tactical innovation of Bryon.

This gives us a start at the command staff - a possibility would be the Buserian starseerer who is looking at the "big picture" but completely lost in the day-to-day tactical neccesities.

I also think that there just has to be a Shargashi who just wants to crush the city asap without the log prolonged siege and to hell with the casualties - they all end up in the enclosure anyway.

This gives us some lower level conflict in the lunar camp that PCs can be involved in as well as the higher level conflicts such as Fazzur any Tatius which the PCs aren't really involved in.

Just to add a little balance to the overwhelmingly pro-orlanthi slant to this list so far (hi Jeff! ;).

Cheers,
Yak