Re: Re: A Suggestion On Process & Progress

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Sun, 07 Mar 2004 17:11:29 -0000

On 7 Mar 2004 at 15:47, Tim Blackler wrote:

> Don't mention the O-word (horrible bloaty bit of software).

But very good for *serious* DBs. Which is not what we're looking at here.

> But as I don't have a server to install it on, we'll stick to
> the standards that you get (either MySQL or PostgreSQL).

You get those as standard on your ISPs server??

> Access barfs when you get into double figures)

Access barfs on *single* figures, but fortunately most front-end interfaces only use one user :)

> I notice Joel mentioned using a WikiWiki server for collaborative editing.
> I've never used one myself, but I notice there there are a few free ones on
> sourceforge.

I know nought about them, but if they do the job, fine. No need to re-invent any wheels.