Re: Ducks?

From: pedrodevaca <pavis_gm_at_...>
Date: Sun, 07 Mar 2004 18:42:27 -0000

> Ducks, ok, but lets resist the urge to throw in everything and the
> kitchen sink. Otherwise it might begin to resemble less an epic
> tale than a circus sideshow. The Ducks have a reason to hate and
> try get revenge on the empire but I cannot see any reason to
involve
> the Aldryami or Mostali.

> Ducks, ok, but lets resist the urge to throw in everything and the
> kitchen sink. Otherwise it might begin to resemble less an epic
> tale than a circus sideshow. The Ducks have a reason to hate and
> try get revenge on the empire but I cannot see any reason to
involve
> the Aldryami or Mostali.

Hi folks,

Thought I'd stop being a wallflower and join the dance party.

IMHO the kitchen sink shouldn't be thrown in just for the purposes of throwing stuff about, but I think reasons should exist for exclusion as well as inclusion.

The incredible usefulness of Mostali at WW is too obvious. I couldn't imagine the Lunars not trying to hire sappers and siege weapons or Broyan seeking powerful defensive weapons. Maybe this happens late in the siege when things become more desperate. But it seems to me that both sides would be maneuvering to win over Mostal's help while making efforts to undermine the efforts of enemy's liasons.

Of course, they might not side with either army and instead keep their neutrality while rattling unintellible esoteric references to the World Machine.

-Mitch