RE: Re: Possible girlfriend for Broyan

From: Jeff Richard <richj_at_...>
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2004 11:34:54 -0800

> Interesting how differently we see things. I just
> think "what a twit".
>
> It could easily be a case of her having being smitten (read
> temporarily deranged) and swept off her feet by events. Once she 's
> stuck in WW and sees the situation (no marriage, little respect, only
> one co-religionist, people flinging burning things at her, etc)
> especially the fact that Broyan isn't going to be marrying her she
> can quite easily become disillusioned with the situation yet still be
> stuck.

An aristocratic Esluvari stuck in WW as the girlfriend of a pagan hero? This has great roleplaying opportunities.

 > She could be a candidate for
 > betraying Broyan to the Lunars. There's a fine line between love and

 > hate after all.
 > She's got possibilites as 1) someone new to the story; 2) a reason
 > for Esluvari to be hanging around; 3) an ambiguous character (does
 > she try and betray Broyan, does she support him, does she try another

 > way?)

I like this. Even more, I find it entertaining that Broyan, Kallyr and Minaryth are probably clueless as to her subplots. Out of nowhere, Melisande could become a key problem for the defenders.

Jeff