Re: Re: Possible girlfriend for Broyan

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2004 19:38:11 +0000 (GMT)

Me, in sympathetic mode:
> > Interesting how differently we see things. I just
> > think "what a twit".

Oliver:
> Well there's that too.:-)

> Once she 's
> stuck in WW and sees the situation (no marriage,
> little respect, only
> one co-religionist, people flinging burning things
> at her, etc)
> especially the fact that Broyan isn't going to be
> marrying her she
> can quite easily become disillusioned with the
> situation yet still be stuck.

True.

> Can she ditch her upbringing and try something
> radically different like joining Vinga

There are enough strong-minded Vingans around to encourage her, I think?

> She could be a candidate for
> betraying Broyan to the Lunars. There's a fine line
> between love and hate after all.

Very true. One of the Vingans encourages her to be independent, teaches her all sorts of useful stuff, then is horrified when she uses it for the wrong side?

> She's got possibilites as 1) someone new to the
> story; 2) a reason
> for Esluvari to be hanging around; 3) an ambiguous
> character (does
> she try and betray Broyan, does she support him,
> does she try another way?)

I know very little about the Esluvari. Can we use her as a means of showing of what they're all about, and how they differ from the Sartarites? They must *have* strong points, after all, even if this one looks like a drip at first glance.

Jane Williams