Re: Re: Melisande, Narib, et al.

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_...>
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2004 11:05:07 +1300

Joerg:

> > "If you want a hard but glorious life, you could fall in with the
> > Crusaders, who are gathering to liberate New Malkonwal from the
> > pagans in the east. But I fear their expedition will end as badly as
> > the last one unless the king supports it this time."

>Hmm. A crusade doesn't need papal decree, a praying monk might be
>sufficient.

Tales #13 Crusades article indicates otherwise.

         However, no one has invoked the Crusade since [the establishment
         of the Bailifes dynasty], even though pagans and heretics are
         regular foes of the Kingdom of Seshnela.

For the Loskalmi, the situation is even worse because they have to get permission from Hrestol and such has not been forthcoming even in light of the Kingdom of War.

--Peter Metcalfe