Re: Howd[y]ah Bat

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_...>
Date: Fri, 2 Apr 2004 16:25:09 -0800

> How about a compromise? Most of the Bat servitors are reduced to
> scurrying around on the monster like giant ticks (it's still got
> giant ticks I hope?)

Yes it does.

>but the elite get to ride in a howdah. Sort of
> like coach and first, sorry executive class.
>
> That way people can cut the straps, struggle to hang on and/or board
> the bridge.

Hmm, that would probably end up looking like a crown on the Bat's head (or neck). Certainly would need a fight to get to the "quarterdeck" (I prefer Nelson's Navy to the more modern one :-).), especially if it's covered (What? Ride in the full sun, when you can have a canopy?)

But if there are chairs, they *cannot* have seatbelts - falling out of your seat when the Bat takes a hit is mandatory, as is the "Shaky Camera" when everyone is supposed to stagger to one side of the bat, then the other. :-).

RR
- Richelieu