Re: Caves and Tunnels

From: Stewart Stansfield <stu_stansfield_at_...>
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2004 21:02:09 -0000

Steve:
> 1 Hag is not dead but a trapped (earth?) spirit type thing...
> 2 Why a sword?...

If people want to define this more specifically, that's great, but there seem to be a few nice ideas floating around out there. From spirits and iron swords to Donald's trolls and Mostali swords [ooops, I see Jeff's just chimed in in a different manner :o)]. Well... what I was going to say was 'can one leave it open, for a variety of things'?

First thing I thought of when I saw the parameters was that the object was lo-metal (aluminium or aluminum), rather than iron, the red metal of Lodril (well, at least it was in Elder Secrets)... and that was where the red colouring could emanate from.

What's it doing stuck in a rock hag? Well, Lodril being Lodril, I'd guess that's pretty self-explanatory. I'd just mused that this creature had somehow spurned his advances--or those of one of his children, and been cursed to a haggard, petrified existence... though managing to retain a little element of the god/daimon in doing so. If one really expands the length scales at play, it might be a little more godly and imposing.

Unfortunately, my mythic timescales are shot, so I'm not sure how this fits in with the Helamakt vs. the Waves myth, but if it's further down in the depths, you never know!

> More cheese tonight!

Don't forget the anchovies!

Cheerio,

Stu.