Re: Publishing thought

From: donald_at_...
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2004 22:45:23 GMT

In message <009501c4263d$3f71ce20$956a7640_at_oemcomputer> "Roderick and Ellen Robertson" writes:

>Well, yes, there's not a great deal of money in gaming (unless you produce
>the next Magic the Gathering...). It's more the principle - I have been in
>groups where this sort of thing happened, and it leads to Bad Feelings.

Only if someone is stupid enough to think they could get away with it. Given that several of the contributors are well known members of the Gloranthan community and any one of them could call in the police for copyright violation - which in Britain at least (and I think also the US) carries a possible prison sentence.

Personally I'd be happy enough for Issaries to publish my contribution with their usual credits. Quite possibly a fan publisher as an alternative.

--
Donald Oddy
http://www.grove.demon.co.uk/