Re: 1619 - the first few weeks

From: Oliver D. Bernuetz <bernuetz_at_...>
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2004 18:59:08 -0000

> I don't think the 7 Mothers are particularly peaceniks. Indeed
>units from the Lunar provinces will have priestesses from 7M as part
>of their establishment. Both as the equivelent of modern army padres
> and to provide magical support.

Sorry I meant the 7Ms more as an example of the Lunar agencies involved on converting the unbelievers in the regions rather than suggesting they were peaceniks. Any group that includes Yanafal Tarnils among its members can hardly be a peacenik group:-)

> There's certainly room for proponents of weird Lunar ideas in the
> camp but I don't think they'd cause much trouble for the army.
>They'd just be ignored by the high command and shoved out of the way
>by everyone else.

But if we're looking for fun suggestions for roleplaying activities the possible presence of an important Lunar(s) who are there to bring peace to the area is a good one. I can see all sorts of possibilities from both sides. Say our example is a distant relation of the Emperor who has a signed document giving them authority to "seek a peaceable resolution with the Heortling rebles".

Lunars:

  1. Our peacenik is constantly trying to arrange meetings between him/herself and the Lunars and is always commadeering resources to attempt this. The PC Lunars are drafted into approaching WW to negotiate a meeting allowing for all sorts of fun cultural exchanges and misunderstandings. No matter how irritating this git(s) are to the High Command they can't be totally ignored because of their clout within the Empire. If there's one thing the Empire is really good at it's being of two minds about any situation.

Heortlings

Our Heortlings have managed to get ahold of an influential personage within the Lunar High Command who has agreed to all sorts of wonderful things, total withdrawl, complete amnesty, etc. All the PCs have to do is convince Broyan of this. (Of course your players would have to be pretty gullible to buy this but you never know. He could work up to talk of complete amnesty etc. He's got a warrant from the Emperor after all:-)).

One of our goals should be to try and come up with ways that lower level PCs can be involved in the seige. Not every campaign using WW is going to include characters capable of going along on the Batblat. How does all the detail we have turn into fun play opportunities?

Oliver