Re: Baron Sanuel

From: Light Castle <light_castle_at_...>
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2004 22:30:42 -0400

Just to add a bit.

On 19 Oct 2004 at 13:33, Joerg Baumgartner wrote:

> > What about Hazra Khan from Karse as the supply line?
>
> Definitely one of the options, and probably used, too.
>
> However, the Hazara Khan (IMG Kostaddic Sable people) trade mostly in
> overseas luxuries, not bulk grain. I think they lack the facilities to
> feed several thousand soldiers, even though they have no trouble providing
> required magical supply.

But with Karse taken over, it does act as a stop over point to bring up supplies from the South. But it isn't the main source of those supplies, I would think, since the port doesn't get back to full working capacity until early 1620, IIRC.

> Easier to buy grain in Nochet or Rhigos. Karse isn't mainly a grain port,
> though, and lacks grain storage facilities at this scale.

Exactly.

> Weapons and armour are difficult to provide from the south, but the
> requirements will be a lot less stringent than food.

Except you also need to outfit everyone according to their weapon types, and the heterogenous nature of the Lunar army makes that a bit of a hassle.

> Don't know about buddy. Sanuel may have been the best available mercenary
> not allied with Rikard.

I suspect this may be the case. Heortland is a mess, and neither Rikard nor Broyan is helping the Lunatrs, so they need *somebody*.

LC