Re: Modeling Clouds

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Fri, 27 May 2005 20:48:40 +0100 (BST)

> I'm thinking of trying to sculpt foam insulation,
> though green stuff might
> be an optioni. I don't want to just glue cotton
> balls to it...

As a total non-expert who was trying to figure out the same problem, what I've seen done at shows seemed to involve that filler stuff that squirts out of a nozzle as foam and then hardens. It comes naturally rounded into cloud shapes, and with a texture sort of like foam only more brittle. Hard to describe unless you've seen it. But this was for models much bigger than HOTT bases, and I'm not sure if it would scale down.

Jane Williams