Re: Re: Delayed welcome - new member

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2008 07:49:30 +0000 (GMT)

The answer is "nothing". We stopped work not because Greg & Jeff might contradict something already here (that's their problem, when this is already in use: anyone interested in the setting will be using and adding to our stuff, and to accept theirs, it'll need to fit), but because they were probably developing things that would *add* to it - and since Jeff suddenly started playing Secretive instead of collaborative development, we were likely to be building in different directions. But then, we were also expecting the results to be out in a reasonable space of time, not milked for cash as special editions with leather bindings and gold leaf for years. If we'd known it was going to take this long, I think we'd have all ignored him and carried on. Common courtesy, when taken advantage of, is a mistake....

Anyway, if you want to see the maps, it sounds as if you'd better pay money. And then either find they're the same as these, or not. And if they're different, decide which you're using. I still think ours have sufficient flexibility that we could add those interior air-rune shaped walls without contradicting any Story, which might be nice, but I am not the Map Expert.

Looking at the Wiki, we have a problem of broken links.
The main city map should be here:
http://runegate.org/whitewall/wiki/The%20City but the map claims to be at:
http://home.iprimus.com.au/pipnjim/ww/wwmapwiki.jpg and comes up broken. I believe John's done a site reorganisation since then? I've tried a bit of URL editing, but can't find what the new link should be - John?