Re: Re: Dragonrise arc

From: donald_at_...
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2009 15:58:33 GMT

In message <941728.17042.qm_at_...> Jane Williams writes:

>And we do need to know how the Lunars operate. They're the enemy, we
>need to know what they're doing. They'll have reasons for doing it
>(unless you buy the Stafford line that cause and effect are not related,
>and that's several levels of insanity too far), so we need to understand
>what those reasons are.

I don't remember Greg ever being quite that sweeping. He does say that on the God plane effect does not necessarily follow cause but that's because everything happens before time.

I'm not sure what ILH1&2 so drastically rewrote about the Lunars. They just seemed to give more details of a complex empire but I'm probably missing some stuff from RQIII era.

Certainly a big motivator for Lunar actions is the competition between Dara Happa and Tarsh for control of policy.

--
Donald Oddy
http://www.grove.demon.co.uk/