Re: When I was playing back in 79 and 80 and the game stopped puttin

From: Lev Lafayette <lev_lafayette_at_u2A16vZz--XPPdt17EWbKMaxpj42D9DImWRYgAXy3S-zxZIuSroQvmGIdo_O1Y>
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2007 13:41:22 -0800 (PST)

> Kevin
>
> >Still don't understand how you would let the best
> game system ever
> >be destroyed by Avalon Hill
>
> You might want to check out who actually wrote RQ3.
> Avalon Hill may
> have made their share of publishing errors, but they
> had nothing to
> do with the game system.

Just my 2 clacks on the matter, I prefer RQ3 over RQ2. I thought the cultural backgrounds and occupations were excellent, as was a lot of the world information, and even the flavour (if not always the
implementation) of the magic system.

OTOH, to get this back on topic, I was a little disappointed with how AH treated Glorantha in their publishing schedule. Core rules first, then alternating between Glorantha and Fantasy Earth would have been fine. Instead it was years for a product then trolls, trolls, trolls, trolls...

All the best,

Lev

Now that's room service! Choose from over 150,000 hotels in 45,000 destinations on Yahoo! Travel to find your fit. http://farechase.yahoo.com/promo-generic-14795097