GL Secret

From: boudaille2000 <glorantha_at_ZZ0TNBWgxU7Xy5Ysu9CwV6aKMwhsV2aZB57uz2a4TNHCdL8WqLD4rf_fDcN_wdQLOi>
Date: Sun, 18 Feb 2007 09:13:39 -0000

What a disapointment!

I'd always thought (since I first saw the mention of it) that the GL secret was bound to the real experiences of th RQ test team at Chaosium.

Like the places that mentioned some of Greg's most faithful and talented collaborators (Tada's High tumulus, Jonstown, Wilms chrurch ;-)) – Didn't see any "sandy beach" anywhere AHAHAH !), I liked the idea that some gloranthan facts reflected that real life of the Chaosium and all its weird and beloved californian sense of humor.

So I imagined that the GL secret was that Greg et al. played so well with the myths of Glorantha in the playtest campaign and in the writing of RQ3 magic and theogony that they eventually considered that it screwed up the mystical sense that Greg wanted to inject in the game. The mentions of the outer atomic explorers or something like that by Sandy Petersen conforted me in that position. The Chaosium God learners were playing with the nature of their creation. Very poetic and schizophrenic but for me it helped me accept and appreciate the total change of approach in Heroquest, the elmal dilemna and so on. All resulted in my eyes of the refocus of Greg about the roots of Gloranthan mythology unspoiled by games testing and perhaps the temptation, with the AH deal and the perspective of mass selling, to format and simplify the complexity of Glorantha and make it more Med-Fan friendly.

Excuse my poor english and please share thought on this.

Fred the french grognard (loving Glorantha since 81)