Re: GL Secret

From: Philippe Auribeau <erfoyel_at_84VMS4v6xVXaWBIX8oSXY9xzu2AnZrEBEpFQOxgDNTJDt0kHQCkkKiviCkOIG3XWHi0I>
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2007 13:04:30 -0000

Well, I have always loved to think that the GL secret was a deep reflexion upon the creative work in general, a sort of postmodern view of the process of creation.
In other words, what was done can be undone in a minute, especially when it is based on fancy. That came to me while reading KoS: most of the book involves testimonies, not actual FACTS, about the hero wars. Nothing is real definite, IMO.
The GL story is another example that all can be changed whenever Greg wishes to. If you go deeper into the matter, I think that RQ was essentially designed to play orlanthi. With Herowars was developed a wider point of view. Now, second age...even deeper. So I take the mention of "A" GL secret as a warning that Glorantha can suddenly change and that history can be written again in a different way.

...or maybe the GL just gave us a fictional secret to argue about just to have the free hands :)

pardon my poor English as well...