Re: 300. History? Heck No. But Glorantha? Sure!

From: Santo Sengupta <s.santo.sengupta_at_6gdxhEu2iPTodV5cxR57e8aD0MLYxiVY_6t2_vjeM2vXiCRX-t1TUlIFjR0>
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2007 14:38:35 -0500

Namaste.

On 3/16/07, Trotsky <TTrotsky_at_0LfGNrbu4OjCwtjWW79vlat_MUwYA-Y9VXqsKWREfF6691lu7MDHc1r_OupRBqLyhkkZ2rD37lbP0H8OFxy7oY8.yahoo.invalid> wrote:
>Well, the Iranians are insisting that they do (and that the film is an
> obvious propaganda piece against their nation), and I suppose they ought
> to know. Come to think of it, an Iranian kid I went to school with
> insisted that he was 'Persian', so that fits. OTOH, the Iranians are
> also insisting that the film is an 'insult to Islam', which is a bit
> harder to figure...

It's not surprising how ignorant we all are of our ancient religious heritage. You would like to think that the modern Iranians are proud of their former Zoroastrian Dualism, but I can imagine how easily that can be glossed over.

Kudos for all this discussion - it makes me want to go out and see this movie!

--
-Santo
"Aum Shanti Shanti Shantih."