Re: The Fall of Whitewall

From: Michael Hitchens <michaelh_at_ivCFYMAMFNPNcJWOSA-5njvvgbPAgGOExOrj1NfLPo0aAZ4_5bsXGFboeizDgsj-6Jx>
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2007 19:33:14 +1100 (EST)

On Tue, 20 Mar 2007, Jane Williams wrote:

>> Personally I prefer my idea that "heat" is a typo
>> and it should read "cold".
>
> It's a potentially useful idea for fitting OiD to KoS,
> but I don't think we need it. If you accept that
> Ashart died during a period of intense cold and no
> magic, there are plenty of possible explanations, from
> fever with no healing magic to an attempt at keeping a
> child warm that got over-done.

Fair enough.

> And, sadly, neither help with a campaign that had
> already got that far before OiD came out, and had
> unseasonably hot weather after WW fell, because the GM
> had read the background material and was sticking to
> it.

No, the don't. But that's a risk we always run. I much prefer the Storm Age nature op Glorantha - too much fixed and would become "Stagnant Age" flavour :-).

Doesn't help you though - sorry

Michael

Dr. Michael Hitchens
Senior Lecturer, Department of Computing Macquarie University
michaelh_at_xHVIyjgErMUhhs5Pph6WARiBB6IyT3qGUsBbNhJmU0P4GMiMJOkU0DUyZkF2RtHo3hZ__JTZH9DZYni0RA.yahoo.invalid