Re: The Fall of Whitewall

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_R-vIrK72eZPMtJEy0ORflDqAvtXmwLAPKhQRs4wK1qSVYtEahaE75ZwuvsqWO>
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2007 17:40:19 +0000 (GMT)

> A few off-the-wall questions:

All good points, but I'm a little surprised you aren't able to check yourself.

> Do we know is it the same Ashart who was born three
> years earlier?

Not for certain, no. It seems likely due to the lack of any other suitable Ashart, and the way the child born earlier never gets mentioned after this, but it's not a certainty.

> Who is the Ashart he was named after?
"1599 -- My mother marries Ashart, brother to Aslandar Darroldsson, and we move to Aslandar's Stead. ....
> 1602 -- Battle of Runegate. Ashart killed fighting
at Runegare."

I assume this is who Min. Blue names his son after.

> Do we know that Minaryth is in Dragon Pass in 1621?

It looks as if he's in Colymar lands throughout. He starts as Hiording clan.

"1616 -- I marry Valensta Korengsdotter, of the Enhyli clan. We move to the sheep hut."

"1617 -- Karendra born, we move to Hardredstead. "

I don't know where that is. No further references to moves until 1642 "I think I will move back to the hills", only to purchase and loss of animals, and what the Lunars are doing. He's naming his new kids after Colymar notables.

> Do we know that his family is with him?
Well, more names keep getting born, who I assume are his kids. Rostalos in 1622, Leika in 1623 (born, dies).