Re: Nandandies Re: Real World Vingans

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_eAY7povpT_3q1WicX1EuwBZz_imM7ESVePEmjYiu-lzGnBTiwgNsAlhE6qiiW>
Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2007 21:03:50 +0100 (BST)

> YGWV
>
> Quoting Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_j4PW69LRTGAeC1vl5GGeT6dvfc_gwz08abBajQj_jO7SqHHUhydtJyKdmnZjB6j5YbWZ-n93tMN7UWWgtOmYKQ.yahoo.invalid>:

>> I would

> > imagine that older (elderly) men would also end up
> > staying at home, and they'd better be productive
> while
> > they're there. I'd guess that that's when they
> usually
> > turn into crafters. So maybe we're missing an
> > age-related sub-cult of Orlanth?

Greg:
> No. Warriors don't become crafters. If they are
> fortunate enough to
> live toold age they are respected elders,

But what do respected elders do with their time? Not just sit around being admired, I'm sure. And they're farmers before they're warriors, in most cases: they'll have craft skills of sorts as part of that, ready to be developed.

> and if they annot go off
> raiding and defending then they will remain home as
> guards and trainers.

But if they're not physically up to that?

All New Yahoo! Mail – Tired of unwanted email come-ons? Let our SpamGuard protect you. http://uk.docs.yahoo.com/nowyoucan.html