Re: Wolfbear of Dorastor

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_8rLweii_BlIAwt0dzfJ7_zAHT6QvVK7R7pXg_ek5kMTB_9eVmFS_K14OcpTsvmdZkO7>
Date: Sun, 08 Apr 2007 10:39:15 +1200

At 03:16 a.m. 8/04/2007, you wrote:

>What is the Wolfbear of Dorastor?

Given that the cover of Glorantha: Genertela had Harrek and some dork fighting a Broo with a Scorpion Arm in Dorastor, the inference seems to me that at the time of writing (or rather composition), the Wolf Bear was Harrek, White Bear and also Wolf Pirate.

But with the publication of King of Sartar, that seems to have fallen by the wayside. So the answer is that the Narrator decides...

>The D:LoD text is ambiguous. Perhaps more Risklands material was
>planned at the time (seems so) and the answer to this mystery was
>being saved for later, then abandoned with the demise of RQ3, or (many
>possibilities)...?

The material that was intended for publication wasn't about Riskland as such but places inside Dorastor (such as Dinner with Ralzakark). Moreover the Dorastor material came out long after RQ3 was published.

--Peter Metcalfe