Re: Deep, not popular

From: donald_at_NphLvjm0as1rSl1K7u6HuuSPYiMzziUOQpjtdMWkymYFrQqjC3biMq4cFyILnAUhlFoo_
Date: Sun, 08 Apr 2007 02:44:35 GMT

In message <ev835n+6510_at_eGroups.com> "Toread DuDerysi" writes:
>wrote:
>>
>> And again (KoS p 24) "He conspired with Orlaront Dragonman, the
>> son of Ingolf, and with the Purple Seer, and they awakened a
>> tremendous dragon which had been sleeping near the lunar
>> headquarters.The monster attacked the people there, and devoured
>> the leaders and magicians of the imperial host."
>>
>> Not a sniff of Kallyr.
>>
>You're right. Putting her in charge of the Dragonraising would be
>revisionist from KoS. We can't have that, now can we?

Hardly, KoS (pg. 154) implies she is nearby if not actually present. Now I'd interpret that as sheer opportunism on her part but it's possible that she expected the Dragonrise to happen and was ready for it. I think anyone claiming to have woken a dragon knowing what it would do is vastly exaggerating their abilities.

--
Donald Oddy
http://www.grove.demon.co.uk/