Re: Is Argrath a theist or an animist?

From: Michael Hitchens <michaelh_at_EdzFc0eRuTTUty8KXcf-_yHKH9k649hd4_8UNXWZYBT8sHQAFd7xaQL1T5p627NhdzG>
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2007 19:29:52 +1000 (EST)

On Tue, 10 Apr 2007, Jane Williams wrote:

> The obvious, easy answer, is that he isn't
> concentrated. He can use all three (four? five?)
> equally badly. But there's the problem - he's supposed
> to be good at this!

Here's a quick question - the Lunars can mix various styles - single cults using affinities and grimoires for example. Because, as I recall, Sedenya making a new otherworld. Could Argrath be making a new otherworld? He's a real good heroquester. Not many people can successfully double the LBQ.

  > Argrath is the person who comes up with mixed magical > units, isn't he? Look at what the Eaglebrowns are
> doing (details in MoLaD IIRC), mixing theism and
> animism. I think he's got something new.

Yes, MoLaD

>> Who thinks Arkat was more than one person (excluding
>> Gbaji)?
>
> I'm sure he's another case of followers' deeds being
> attributed to him, at least. More than one person?
> Dread Pirate Roberts style? Could be!
>
> (In the Swords universe we're playing with this a LOT,
> but we're also diverging a lot from standard
> Glorantha. I have a nasty suspicion we're going to
> find that Arkat was several PCs, despite us gaming in
> 1621.)

Do you really mean Arkat? (not Argrath). if so, you *have* to explain.

Michael

Dr. Michael Hitchens
Senior Lecturer, Department of Computing Macquarie University
michaelh_at_Pey9-zq2sbHqRXMAa7iLAglcbBU8bHWt19RegzkY60NhKRUYnnm6APucHilxTepDCBtSWG4T8dlsOOE3eOVu5A.yahoo.invalid